Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Raw Mango Ice Cream (Vegan)

The weather in Vegas is climbing. It's going to get 62 degrees today and tomorrow shoot up to about 75 degrees and then hit the 80's after that. As the weather climbs so does the intensity of my workouts which means so does my hunger.
Today's workout what interval max plyo circut training along with a 10 mile run. Needless to say I was exhausted after workout and starving!! Thank god I remembered that I had frozen mangos in my freezer. The perfect after workout snack for a hot afternoon.
Mango Ice Cream (Raw & Vegan style)
1 large frozen mango
2 ic cubes
1/2 cup of water (in case blender needs it)
Optional toppings
fresh fruit, granola, agave nectar, nuts the list gos on and on!!
Freeze the mango for at least 24 hours. Take out of freezer and put into the blender along with ice cubes and about a tablespoon of water. Blend until smooth (or in small chunks as that is how I like mine). Add water as needed. Once blended, scoop out of blender into a small bowl and enjoy!
I topped mine with homemade granola (recipie coming soon), soaked almonds and agave nectar. How do you like your ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment