Monday, March 19, 2012

Hearty Veggie Stew

Ok so normally I wouldn't have time to post twice in the same day but i just had to after dinner tonight. Lately I have been coming down with a cold (as well as a hangover. See last post) and with all the cold weather in Vegas I thought it would be good to have a nice warm stew to make me feel better inside and out.
So I gathered all the vegetables I had in the mini fridge in my room and set to work. And wala! This is my beautiful creation!
Hearty Veggie Stew
5 clove of garlic (smashed and fine chopped)
5 mushrooms (white or shiitake)
1 whole head of baby boy choy chopped (I like mine in big chunks)
1 whole zuchinni (sliced)
1 whole summer squash )sliced)
4 spring onions
1 can of chickpeas
3 cups of water
Add the water to a pot and bring to a light boil. Chop the garlic and mushrooms and add. Allow them to get warm for about 2 mins. Next add your zuchinni, summer squash and bok choy. Let this simmer for another 3 mins. Stirring once ingrediants are added.
Next drain the water from the chickpeas and add them to the pot. Let simmer for about 2 more mins. Everything should be soft but still crisp on the outside. Last add the spring onions for added flavor and let stand for about 4 mins to cool. Serve and enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks sooo mouth WATERING!!!! :O________
    Got to try something like this! Because you are not the only one getting sick. Need a lovely meal like this to help me get through the day!
    I will try this out :D Thank you for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete